Back in Operation

2.5MW Steam fired Absorption Chiller – installed in 1997, was operating with very poor performance due to various failures in the past. With poor performance and no reliability, it was a decisive phase for the customer – whether to replace or repair.

We stepped in at the right time. We found the Lithium Bromide specifications were out of range – specifically the Inhibitor and Alkalinity. We also found iron oxide and copper corrosion in the chiller, blocking the internal heat exchangers and spray system. With our Thermal Imaging system, we found that one of the heat-exchangers was passing liquid internally.

After attending to the heat exchanger and 6 months of online Lithium Bromide filtration with chemical correction, the chiller is now back in operation. This saved the huge cost of chiller replacement.